ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum
The Official Advice Column Thread - Printable Version

+- ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum (http://www.zefron.com/forum)
+-- Forum: More (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: The Official Advice Column Thread (/showthread.php?tid=178)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

The Official Advice Column Thread - LoveYourFaith_OD - 08-20-2011 12:00 AM

I merged all of the Advice Threads together. We can post advice, problems, inspirational quotes. Basically anything you want and anyone can offer up advice, but the person who will run this thread will be:
HeartBroken.

She'll be using some of the things you ask for advice on for the magazine so indicate if you don't want your name posted :]
-Stephanie

scared to fly - writteninthestars - 09-05-2011 01:55 AM

im going on a plane soon to ny and im still kinda scared to fly. does anyone have any tips for this or is also scared to fly ?

RE: scared to fly - michelle. - 09-07-2011 06:01 PM

I've never been on a plane either and am terrified as well.
However, what I think I would do personally if it were to ever come up is just sit in an aisle seat.
If I were to sit by the window and look down/out, I'd be DONE.
Just relax though, listen to music or something to keep you occupied. I've been told it's just like driving if you don't think about it.

RE: scared to fly - cblodg - 09-08-2011 08:28 AM

Flying really isn't that bad. I love to fly. I flew alone for the first time this past July. I'll give you more info than you ever possibly wanted, but it's nice to know what you're in for. Everything I'm going to say about flying is based on the US and what works for me

It all starts at the airport. As a first time flyer, take it slow. Most airlines recommend you arrive two hours prior to your departure time. When you go through the entrance, you should be at your airlines check-in area. Go over to 'the board' and check to see where your flight is in the departure queue; this way, you'll know if the time has changed or if the gate changed. You have to check in and print a boarding pass (unless you did so at home). If you're carrying large luggage bags, this is where they start their journey.

After checking in you can either go and grab something to eat (some airports have a cafe before you go through security) if your choose. If you choose to get something to eat from a food location, keep an eye on the line at security and the time. Security doesn't care if you have 30 minutes to reach your gate, they move at their pace.

Security
This is the big thing. Follow these steps and you're trip through security will be a breeze.

-All liquids may ONLY be 3oz. Anything over that, put it in your checked luggage. All of these liquids MUST be in a 1 quart clear plastic ziploc bag. Have that out of your carry on and ready as it has to go into a bin to be scanned.

- Shoes must be taken off.

- All jewelry and belts must be removed. Any items in your pockets has to be removed. I recommend not wearing any jewelry that day.

- If you are bringing a laptop with you, I believe it must be out and the battery removed. The TSA agent in the line will tell you.

- Place all items in a security bin to be scanned. Then, it's your turn. The TSA agent will tell you what to do for the body scanner/puffer. Do as they say, don't give them any guff. If they tell you to stay put after the screening, don't move.

- After you're cleared, grab your stuff (if it hasn't had to be bag checked) and head for your gate.

---------------
Once at the gate, relax. Read a book, eat a snack, or take a nap. Just make sure you're able to hear all announcements regarding your flight. Most flights will board about 30 min. prior to take off. Be ready with your boarding pass out and ready for the gate attendant.

When it's time to board, move quickly, find your seat and strap in. I suggest carrying a pack of Clorox wipes to wipe down the lap belt, arm rest, tray table and if by a window, the bulkhead. You laugh now, but anything to prevent you from getting sick is a good thing. Listen to and read your aircraft's safety information. There should be a pamphlet in the seat pocket in front of you. It also has Sky Mall magazine (really cool gagets!) and the airsickness bag.

Bring gum, chew it on takeoff and landing. Helps keep the pressure in your ears level. If you have an iTouch or iPhone, download a movie to watch on the plane. You will have to have all your electronic devices off until you're in the air.

Simple request, don't over-stuff your carry-on or bring an over-sized bag. Some people really over do it on the sizes of those things and many flights just don't have the room in the overhead compartments.

All you have to do then is sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight.

RE: scared to fly - Nina32 - 09-08-2011 09:23 AM

I don't like flying myself.......I don't mind taking off or landing

I recently got searched in Spanish airport and the customs woman was feeling the bra off of me because there was a wire in it.....i nearly died of embarrasement!!lol

Advice of The Day~ Share your quotes - LoveYourFaith_OD - 11-10-2011 11:16 AM

Basically here you could give out quotes for each day whatever topic of your choice
Talk about your issues, feelings, and the advice you've ever given it received
Get advice for your problems and share your input on the topic itself
Enjoy the column!!

Since we don't have a section for advice anymore

Advice for the Day; Don't cry over love; find it, by Naya (me)

Yes each person can post their own advice for the day more than one and whatever else you want

[Image: expert-advice-high-school.jpg]

RE: Advice of The Day~ Share your quotes - Peace - 11-10-2011 12:53 PM

this is something to enjoy

The best and most beautiful things in the world can't be seen, nor touched...But are felt in the heart

Hellen Keller

RE: Advice of The Day~ Share your quotes - LoveYourFaith_OD - 11-10-2011 12:56 PM

Hey nice quote. She was a very wonderful and inspirational woman

"Don't let fear overcome your life better yet destroy it"

RE: Advice of The Day~ Share your quotes - Peace - 11-10-2011 12:58 PM

I made this one up, YOu made one person smile, you have done your job for the day.

By Peace

RE: Advice of The Day~ Share your quotes - LoveYourFaith_OD - 11-10-2011 01:02 PM

So far I've been making them up hehe

"Life is a miracle if you only stay steady on the path of righteousness."