ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum
Wisdom Teeth - Printable Version

+- ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum (http://www.zefron.com/forum)
+-- Forum: More (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Wisdom Teeth (/showthread.php?tid=1265)

Pages: 1 2 3

Wisdom Teeth - Stephanie - 07-27-2012 04:24 PM

So I finally went to a new dentist and told them I wanted something done about my wisdom teeth. Up until now the past dentists have said unless the teeth were bugging me, they didn't feel the need to remove them.

....Well I got tired of hearing that. I'm 21 and I want them out so my gums will stop bulging weird in the back, making it impossible to floss and brush.

Got a consultation August 6th I think and then hopefully I'll have them out at the end of August, beginning of September.

Anyone have advice for me?

RE: Wisdom Teeth - mirandagirl - 07-27-2012 05:05 PM

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out last summer. I didn't even realize I fell asleep. Like they put the IV in my arm to give me anesthesia, and I just fell asleep like 5 minutes later. I didn't realize it until I woke up that I was asleep. My mouth didn't hurt as bad as people said it would after though. It hurt for a little while that day, but it was fine afterwards. You may start crying when you wake up from surgery though. Like involuntary crying.

RE: Wisdom Teeth - Stephanie - 07-27-2012 10:38 PM

I've heard horror stories about dry socket and extreme pain.

I'm a real baby cause my mom and I were fooling around with my gums to see if I had a tooth under the gum in the back. I knew I did but asked her to check. Anyway, I did and now that I had to go to the dentist today and because I've got it on my mind, it's more than obvious that my jaw hurts because of my teeth and not because of my ear. I always assumed I had ear pain when it's really my dang wisdom teeth.

Guess I lucked out. I'm one of the rare 9-15 percent of people with only 3 wisdom teeth.

I fear that I'm going to have a hard time. I bumped into that little skin thing that hangs above ur front teeth with my brush last night and it started bleeding everywhere and I've been having trouble eating because of it all day. It's annoying how my mouth and ears are my Achilles heel.

RE: Wisdom Teeth - Stephanie - 07-28-2012 03:57 AM

Anyone else?

Michael said I worry too much.
I call it being informed.

RE: Wisdom Teeth - biel. - 07-28-2012 06:32 AM

I might need to get all four of my wisdom teeth out too because they're impacted

I'm nervous too.
and I have a really bad fear of needles D:
which is a problem because 'course I'd need that for anesthesia

oh well.. if anyone posts about their experience, I'll read x)
Best of luck Stephanie!! Big Grin

RE: Wisdom Teeth - mirandagirl - 07-28-2012 01:06 PM

They gave me anesthesia through an IV. They never used needles to numb my mouth or anything, at least if they did, I wasn't awake to feel it.

RE: Wisdom Teeth - Stephanie - 07-29-2012 01:31 AM

My sister's friend had it done 3 days ago. She's staying the night tonight.
Basically told me that they gave her laughing gas to make her not care. Then they gave her an IV and she felt her body go numb and she fell asleep. What seemed like 5 minutes later she woke up with cotton in her mouth and she started playing with her lips cause she was stoned out of her mind. She slept and stuff and then had my sister with her for 2 days and she's doing good. She can eat softer stuff like tacos and stuff now. She has an antibiotic and some Oxycontin and it makes us laugh cause she's high as a freaking kite but said it helps because she doesn't care about the pain.

It makes me feel better to know she's not like in massive pain and having issues. Gives me some hope but then again I'm not big on pain meds so I'll be fighting it lol Tongue

Luckily I'll have both my parents, my sister, grandma and Michael going off and on to take care of me. Mom senses I'll be okay but that I'll have a hard time.

RE: Wisdom Teeth - BEE. - 07-29-2012 01:55 PM

Hm, well I've never had them out, and I'm hoping I don't, so I can't say anything about that /:
I can say that being put to sleep via IV is easy. Psh, you won't even know if they've done it.. they might just talk to you, and you'll be like "Yeahh..blahehshbkljk........"
It's awesome though. Best sleep everr! Big Grin

RE: Wisdom Teeth - Stephanie - 07-29-2012 02:48 PM

(07-29-2012 01:55 PM)BEE. Wrote:  Hm, well I've never had them out, and I'm hoping I don't, so I can't say anything about that /:
I can say that being put to sleep via IV is easy. Psh, you won't even know if they've done it.. they might just talk to you, and you'll be like "Yeahh..blahehshbkljk........"
It's awesome though. Best sleep everr! Big Grin

lol yeah.
My dad still has his but that's because he had other teeth removed and so there was room. Most people who wait I guess end up getting them out in their 30's and it's much harder I heard. I'm getting mine out because I do feel a little sore sometimes but it's more because they said it's not a matter of if it's "When" they start to act up and ruin the rest of my teeth.

RE: Wisdom Teeth - Stephanie - 08-06-2012 01:47 AM

I go tomorrow for my consultation.
I'm not nervous at all about this part.
It's the actually surgery/extraction I'm worried about.
Actually I'm more worried about afterwards and the meds.