ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum
Forum Meeting (Post Your Ideas Here) - Printable Version

+- ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum (http://www.zefron.com/forum)
+-- Forum: ZEFRON.COM (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Forum & Homepage (/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Forum Meeting (Post Your Ideas Here) (/showthread.php?tid=1178)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Forum Meeting (All Opinions Welcome) - mirandagirl - 06-26-2012 10:40 AM

(06-26-2012 04:46 AM)Londonlipton Wrote:  Something I have been thinking about is,people who use other sites,ie Twitter,Tumblr, Facebook( you get the point.) All seem to have an unhealthy interest in Zac's private life and all they do is post pics of him out with friends,at a private wedding. We don't do that here because we have boundaries and respect for Zac,although having the Zanessa thread was kind of going along that road. But anyway it seems that now people have more interest in who Zac's dating,who he hangs out with and how he spends his time when he is not working. And I think that is why we don't have the membership or the interest as we are not giving them anything they want to see,as they don't care about his movies or projects.

I think it's a case of trying to work out a balance of giving fans what they want but also being loyal to Zac.

The people who go on @ehs_wildcats livejournal care more about Zac's career and put that first. They rarely discuss Zac's private life. Even the Zac fans on tumblr I know care about him and his movies, nothing else. I just don't think it's fair to lump all Zac fans in the group of 'they only care about his personal life'. That's all I'm saying.

The last part I agree with completely.

(06-26-2012 01:14 AM)Stephanie Wrote:  
(06-25-2012 11:07 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  I don't know, but maybe if some people knew some of the old members they could try and convince them to come back.

I did that. My girl Bri joined again but she was so bored after a few days because she didn't feel like it was the same so she just left. I've tried to make quite a few girls come back but they see what's happened in the past and they leave. Tell me all they seen was a bunch of girls and guys fighting over "Zanessa" and everyone else was MIA completely.

That's what is so hard for me. A lot of my best friends came from here. Bri is coming to my wedding once I actually get engaged lol. It's nice and I wish everyone had friends like that.

Would it helped if we welcomed people better when they got here?

RE: Forum Meeting (All Opinions Welcome) - Firefly - 06-26-2012 01:33 PM

yeah! lets create a welcoming comittee

RE: Forum Meeting (All Opinions Welcome) - teamnoelftw. - 06-26-2012 08:27 PM

I think we had something like that before. It'd be nice if we'd have that again.

Also, I just wanna point something out, and forgive me if I've upset anyone but I just realized that the Zanessa thread seemed kinda cliquish. I mean they inadvertently started something they lost control over and we all got into it. I don't mean to rehash stuff. I'm just saying here: we need to be careful of what we post on here. I mean, one little thing could very well start something and it could blow up in our faces again. Maybe having a moderator look over each thread and delete posts that could be offensive to others could be a good idea.

RE: Forum Meeting (All Opinions Welcome) - mirandagirl - 06-26-2012 08:35 PM

I'd be for the welcoming committee, and I volunteer to be on it.

RE: Forum Meeting (All Opinions Welcome) - Firefly - 06-26-2012 10:01 PM

okay lol I'll make a thread for it Big Grin

RE: Forum Meeting (All Opinions Welcome) - mirandagirl - 06-26-2012 10:04 PM

Post the link on here when you're done Smile

RE: Forum Meeting (All Opinions Welcome) - Firefly - 06-26-2012 10:39 PM

http://www.zefron.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1216&pid=120184#pid120184

RE: Forum Meeting (All Opinions Welcome) - Stephanie - 06-27-2012 12:35 AM

(06-26-2012 04:46 AM)Londonlipton Wrote:  Something I have been thinking about is,people who use other sites,ie Twitter,Tumblr, Facebook( you get the point.) All seem to have an unhealthy interest in Zac's private life and all they do is post pics of him out with friends,at a private wedding. We don't do that here because we have boundaries and respect for Zac,although having the Zanessa thread was kind of going along that road. But anyway it seems that now people have more interest in who Zac's dating,who he hangs out with and how he spends his time when he is not working. And I think that is why we don't have the membership or the interest as we are not giving them anything they want to see,as they don't care about his movies or projects.

I think it's a case of trying to work out a balance of giving fans what they want but also being loyal to Zac.

You have a good point. Sadly that's just how some people want to be and I have to admit it is exciting when we're into someone's "personal" stuff. That's why we have so many freaking reality shows haha.

(06-26-2012 10:40 AM)mirandagirl Wrote:  

The people who go on @ehs_wildcats livejournal care more about Zac's career and put that first. They rarely discuss Zac's private life. Even the Zac fans on tumblr I know care about him and his movies, nothing else. I just don't think it's fair to lump all Zac fans in the group of 'they only care about his personal life'. That's all I'm saying.

The last part I agree with completely.

(06-26-2012 01:14 AM)Stephanie Wrote:  Let me just remind everyone that we're not trying to offend anyone and get defensive on what people are posting. If there is anymore of that I'm going to have to start deleting posts and I don't want to do that.

Please play nice :]

(06-25-2012 11:07 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  I don't know, but maybe if some people knew some of the old members they could try and convince them to come back.

I did that. My girl Bri joined again but she was so bored after a few days because she didn't feel like it was the same so she just left. I've tried to make quite a few girls come back but they see what's happened in the past and they leave. Tell me all they seen was a bunch of girls and guys fighting over "Zanessa" and everyone else was MIA completely.

That's what is so hard for me. A lot of my best friends came from here. Bri is coming to my wedding once I actually get engaged lol. It's nice and I wish everyone had friends like that.

Would it helped if we welcomed people better when they got here?

Eh not really. Bri isn't the type that needed a ton of attention on the forum but I think it was the fact that all of her friends were gone and she left when the forum was still with those people. She left a young 15-16 yr old and is now a mature 18 yr old and realized that this forum just wasn't her thing but she was glad she came and checked it out.

(06-26-2012 08:27 PM)teamnoelftw. Wrote:  I think we had something like that before. It'd be nice if we'd have that again.

Also, I just wanna point something out, and forgive me if I've upset anyone but I just realized that the Zanessa thread seemed kinda cliquish. I mean they inadvertently started something they lost control over and we all got into it. I don't mean to rehash stuff. I'm just saying here: we need to be careful of what we post on here. I mean, one little thing could very well start something and it could blow up in our faces again. Maybe having a moderator look over each thread and delete posts that could be offensive to others could be a good idea.

Oh god Hun if Bee and I did that people would be GONE because they'd assume we were picking on them. I was thinking the same thing secretly shhhh Tongue I want to delete half of the "offensive" comments but they tend to come from only certain members and then it would look like they were being picked on. I've reminded those people nicely and it doesn't get through their head that their behavior can be taken the wrong way even if they don't feel they are being offensive.

(06-26-2012 10:39 PM)Firefly Wrote:  http://www.zefron.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1216&pid=120184#pid120184

Good job. I'll go look at it once I'm out of my hot tub :] I need to go relax haha

RE: Forum Meeting (All Opinions Welcome) - Stephanie - 06-27-2012 03:20 AM

Before I start a new thread on this, I want some opinions. If nobody has one then Bee and I will do as we see fit but here's some ideas I thought of and Bee will add hers as soon as she's on.

1) I think Kelly (Londonlipton) came up with this and I love it and that's, Three Strike Rule.

For those who don't know, this would mean that a person would have up to three chances to change their act if it was deemed unacceptable for this forum. That doesn't mean it has to be the same act but if a member has been told or reprimanded 3 times, they will be banned from the forum. Kathryn and I are still working through if Bee and I are able to ban or not.
First Offense: A verbal reminder
Second Offense: An Infraction/write up on here under warning I believe
Third Offense: Banned for however long one of us feels is appropriate.

The only reason I am saying this is because there have been some members who on several occasions have acted up and it's been overlooked because there were not a ton of rules being enforced. We're pretty relaxed on the rules for the most part so if people listen it won't be an issue.

2) Members can start using the report button.
If you feel that someone is using horrid language, trying to gain attention through negative language against themselves or another person or if the person is repeatedly attacking you, just report them. Bee, Kathryn and I will look things over and see if it's simply a fight or if it's something that needs attention.

This will keep Bee and I from overlooking the fights and the dramas that happen because we can't be everywhere and we'd like to know if someone needs help.

When someone is reported, we will look at both situations. If it's just three people over and over again reporting each other out of hatred then that's just normal things but if the same person is being reported for the same issues over and over by multiple people who have shown their honesty and integrity on here, then further action will happen as we see fit.

Automatic bans will happen to those who threaten harm on another member or if someone is trying to sabotage the forum with creating multiple accounts. That's something I take seriously at least because that means the person is just simply put, a little unstable. If you are banned and you make another account, it won't be pretty because I'm known to find out. I have a 6th sense or something idk.

3) Bee brought to my attention that people delete posts before the mods can see so they "appear" innocent. She's caught members doing that in the past SO to add to our growing list as well as reporting stuff SCREEN CAP EVERYTHING! Without that screen cap those sneaky people can delete and change their words to look better. SCREEN CAP the second you see a member being bad. It should be at the top right of the keyboard and you just press it, put the image in word or photoshop, save and upload to us. Very simple

I don't want to be a downer. Just follow the rules like you would anywhere else and be decent. I'm not going to give anyone anything for saying "wtf" or "Omg" or something or even some swearing. BUT if it becomes an issue for other peoples then I might ask that person to refrain from swearing so much when posting. It's not unreasonable and if people listen then there won't be any issues.

Bottom line.

Don't do anything dumb
Don't create multiple accounts
Don't forgot to report posts/PMs to us
...and we'll all get along.

RE: Forum Meeting (All Opinions Welcome) - Firefly - 06-27-2012 02:08 PM

i think the 3 strike rule sounds fair Smile