ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum
This Is Where I Leave You - Printable Version

+- ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum (http://www.zefron.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Zac Efron (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Projects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: This Is Where I Leave You (/showthread.php?tid=1160)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: This Is Where I Leave You - angiecakes1990 - 06-20-2012 08:10 PM

http://ehs-wildcats.livejournal.com/569952.html?mode=reply#add_comment
according to this
this will start filming this fall

RE: This Is Where I Leave You - mirandagirl - 06-20-2012 08:54 PM

Yeah they start physically filming end of August/September.

RE: This Is Where I Leave You - Firefly - 06-21-2012 12:19 AM

oh lol i'm so excited Big Grin

RE: This Is Where I Leave You - d. b. wilyumz - 06-21-2012 03:36 PM

Here's a story summary:

"Within the space of a few weeks, Judd Foxman has learned about his wife's fourteen month affair with his misogynist, radio shock-jock boss - only because he walked in on them having sex in his bedroom -- and that his emotionally-distant, cancer-stricken father has finally passed away. And now, Judd discovers, he's being asked to sit shiva, and mourn according to the Hebrew custom for seven uninterrupted days with the remaining members of his highly dysfunctional family.

"Between his older brother Paul's decades-long resentment, his sister-in-law's hysterics over her infertility, his younger brother's pre-midlife crisis with a much older woman, his sardonic older sister's callous, absentee husband, his mother's age-inappropriate manner of dressing, and - the reason they're all gathered together - his father's death, Judd barely has time to fixate on his own disaster of a marriage and his lack of a distinct and promising future. And yet he does fixate on it, especially when his soon-to-be-ex wife shows up and announces that she's pregnant, and that the child is his.

"With deftly wrought prose and marvelous comedic sense, author Jonathan Tropper brings a grieving Jewish family vividly to life. As day after day of the shiva passes, the Foxman family uncover years of repressed bitterness, confusion, anger, and finally, love for one another. This Is Where I Leave You is an engaging and moving novel, examining the reasons behind our most loving and unloving actions, and exploring our complicated, contradictory relationships with those we call our family."

RE: This Is Where I Leave You - mirandagirl - 06-21-2012 08:06 PM

I'm excited for this movie.

RE: This Is Where I Leave You - Firefly - 06-22-2012 12:08 AM

the end with the mom really suprised me

RE: This Is Where I Leave You - d. b. wilyumz - 06-22-2012 02:42 PM

This movie is going to be very heavy on dialog. Lots of the story is about inner tensions, what people think (and think about each other) and there's only one way to express that in a movie -- these characters have to talk to each other (and talk about each other).

The only other solution is "direct address" when characters talk to the camera (that is, to the viewers). This is almost never done (sometimes a voice-over is used, which is a kind of direct-address technique - the character is talking to the audience but we just don't see the character while he/she is talking to us).

RE: This Is Where I Leave You - BEE. - 06-22-2012 02:51 PM

(06-22-2012 12:08 AM)Firefly Wrote:  the end with the mom really suprised me

THIS makes me want to rush through the rest of the book now... Kindle says I've only read 37%.
Loving it so far though! xD

RE: This Is Where I Leave You - mirandagirl - 06-22-2012 03:45 PM

(06-22-2012 02:42 PM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  This movie is going to be very heavy on dialog. Lots of the story is about inner tensions, what people think (and think about each other) and there's only one way to express that in a movie -- these characters have to talk to each other (and talk about each other).

The only other solution is "direct address" when characters talk to the camera (that is, to the viewers). This is almost never done (sometimes a voice-over is used, which is a kind of direct-address technique - the character is talking to the audience but we just don't see the character while he/she is talking to us).

That's true. Philip and Judd have the funniest lines imo

RE: This Is Where I Leave You - BEE. - 06-22-2012 03:56 PM

(06-22-2012 03:45 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  
(06-22-2012 02:42 PM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  This movie is going to be very heavy on dialog. Lots of the story is about inner tensions, what people think (and think about each other) and there's only one way to express that in a movie -- these characters have to talk to each other (and talk about each other).

That's true. Philip and Judd have the funniest lines imo

Philip also has a funny ringtone on his phone!