ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum
This Is Where I Leave You - Printable Version

+- ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum (http://www.zefron.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Zac Efron (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Projects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: This Is Where I Leave You (/showthread.php?tid=1160)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: This Is Where I Leave You - innejprincess2 - 06-17-2012 02:19 PM

I agree that the book had a lot of explicit things in it.
Some of them involving Zac's character, but mainly the character of Judd. I wonder if they will tone things down for the movie. It seems that the author of the book is also helping to write the screenplay. Adam Shankman the director seems to never have directed an R rated movie before. He is more known for musicals.

RE: This Is Where I Leave You - mirandagirl - 06-17-2012 03:15 PM

21 Jump Street had lots of explicit things, but it was funny. Sort of lie Crazy, Stupid, Love but not really.

I think this movie has a lot of potential.

RE: This Is Where I Leave You - Londonlipton - 06-17-2012 03:19 PM

This movie has got lots of potential.

Who cares if it has explicit content in? Zac is 24 years old he is not a little boy anymore, he has grown up and is more than capable of portraying everything that Philip does in the book.

RE: This Is Where I Leave You - Tiffanyloveszac2012 - 06-17-2012 04:31 PM

^i agree and believe me am not complaining about the explicit content . and i would'nt mind it being in the movie either. however some of THE content may be a bit off putting to some of zac's younger fans. bUT HEY i guess you can't please everyone right. Big Grin i for one am looking forward to this movie.

(06-17-2012 02:07 PM)Londonlipton Wrote:  ^^^^[b]Why completely disregard the ending of the book? The ending of the relationship was an entirely natural progression for Philips character,to change that would contradict the whole character and make him rather pointless. The whole point of the story is the journey the family takes both together and personally.

well you have a point but i mean like maybe they could get back together AT some point in the movie? i don't know, i just like a happy ending in a story where relationships are concerned.

RE: This Is Where I Leave You - d. b. wilyumz - 06-18-2012 11:00 AM

(06-17-2012 02:19 PM)innejprincess2 Wrote:  I agree that the book had a lot of explicit things in it.
Some of them involving Zac's character, but mainly the character of Judd. I wonder if they will tone things down for the movie. It seems that the author of the book is also helping to write the screenplay. Adam Shankman the director seems to never have directed an R rated movie before. He is more known for musicals.

Actually, he is well known for comedies.

RE: This Is Where I Leave You - BEE. - 06-18-2012 03:00 PM

(06-17-2012 03:19 PM)Londonlipton Wrote:  This movie has got lots of potential.

Who cares if it has explicit content in? Zac is 24 years old he is not a little boy anymore, he has grown up and is more than capable of portraying everything that Philip does in the book.

Ooh, now I've really gotta get the full version on Kindle [;
Good thing I finished a book today

RE: This Is Where I Leave You - mirandagirl - 06-18-2012 03:58 PM

Almost done reading it.

RE: This Is Where I Leave You - Firefly - 06-19-2012 12:42 AM

so was that script zac was reading for this movie?

RE: This Is Where I Leave You - mirandagirl - 06-19-2012 10:56 AM

(06-19-2012 12:42 AM)Firefly Wrote:  so was that script zac was reading for this movie?

No. Something else.

RE: This Is Where I Leave You - BEE. - 06-19-2012 12:37 PM

(06-19-2012 12:42 AM)Firefly Wrote:  so was that script zac was reading for this movie?

what script?