ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum
ME/CFS Awareness Week 2012 - Printable Version

+- ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum (http://www.zefron.com/forum)
+-- Forum: More (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: ME/CFS Awareness Week 2012 (/showthread.php?tid=1130)

Pages: 1 2

ME/CFS Awareness Week 2012 - BEE. - 05-08-2012 03:33 PM

In the shoutbox I said I didn't have the energy to write a full post (which is true), but I was given the idea to link to a site instead.

So yeah. The time has come again to raise awareness for the "invisible illness" I've had since I was 12. I would really really appreciate it if you could read/pass on the link to the site of the charity that helps those who struggle with this illness.

AYME
http://www.ayme.org.uk/

Spoon theory. (A good way of describing what we go through daily)
http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory-written-by-christine-miserandino/

Symptoms
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Chronic-fatigue-syndrome/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

I'm going to look for other sites. (Ones that don't say it's 'all in the head') and will edit the post and post the link [:

Short update on how I'm doing:
Since I last posted this a year ago, when I was doing really well, I've relapsed a bit. Not properly, as I'm not bed bound, but I've had to quit college, and can't even go in for an hour and a half one day a week for maths. I'm also sleeping at least twice during the day, but still manage to go for a walk when I am awake /:

Any questions, feel free to post, and I'll answer when I can
Thank you, if you've read this.

RE: ME/CFS Awareness Week 2012 - Peace - 05-08-2012 03:35 PM

YOu add alot of inspiration to me b/c I have a disease too, but it's not like yours and it's a rocky road for me. So , thank you for all your positive attitude when we talk. YOu are a kind warm hearted young lady.

RE: ME/CFS Awareness Week 2012 - BEE. - 05-08-2012 04:03 PM

(05-08-2012 03:35 PM)Peace Wrote:  YOu add alot of inspiration to me b/c I have a disease too, but it's not like yours and it's a rocky road for me. So , thank you for all your positive attitude when we talk. YOu are a kind warm hearted young lady.

Aw, thank you so much [':<3 haha

RE: ME/CFS Awareness Week 2012 - Peace - 05-08-2012 05:49 PM

you are welcome, I deal with Bipolar which is a genetic of Depression. It's a tough thing to deal with.

RE: ME/CFS Awareness Week 2012 - mirandagirl - 05-08-2012 08:19 PM

That's a rough thing to go through.

RE: ME/CFS Awareness Week 2012 - Londonlipton - 05-09-2012 04:35 AM

One of my friends has ME, and has lost a lot of people over the years,friendwise because she would cancel at the last minute because she had no energy.

I think it's really sad what people go through with this illness because they have to sacrifice so much of their lives.

RE: ME/CFS Awareness Week 2012 - cosmic bliss - 05-09-2012 08:12 AM

I'm so sorry, BEE, I hope it gets better soon.

RE: ME/CFS Awareness Week 2012 - BEE. - 05-09-2012 02:23 PM

(05-09-2012 04:35 AM)Londonlipton Wrote:  One of my friends has ME, and has lost a lot of people over the years,friendwise because she would cancel at the last minute because she had no energy.

I think it's really sad what people go through with this illness because they have to sacrifice so much of their lives.
Aw, sorry about your friend ):
I had been friends with 3 other girls since I was in Junior school, though I had met one in Infants. I haven't seen them for... years. I can't even remember the last time I saw them.
It's harder for me to let go of them as "friends", though they can just forget about me all together ): Apart from the friends I've made here on Zef & Twitter, I only have one I talk to now and then after we got back in contact in 2010.
It's really hard.
(05-09-2012 08:12 AM)cosmic bliss Wrote:  I'm so sorry, BEE, I hope it gets better soon.

Thanks [:

RE: ME/CFS Awareness Week 2012 - Stephanie - 05-10-2012 03:21 AM

I'm so sorry Bee. If there is anything I can do let me know. It's hard to from the other side of a computer but you've become one of my buddies on this forum and I hate knowing my friend is hurting :[ You see this so much I'm sure but you're an extraordinary young lady who has really bloomed on this forum over the yrs. I'm honored to know you :]

RE: ME/CFS Awareness Week 2012 - BEE. - 05-10-2012 08:09 AM

(05-10-2012 03:21 AM)Stephanie Wrote:  I'm so sorry Bee. If there is anything I can do let me know. It's hard to from the other side of a computer but you've become one of my buddies on this forum and I hate knowing my friend is hurting :[ You see this so much I'm sure but you're an extraordinary young lady who has really bloomed on this forum over the yrs. I'm honored to know you :]

Aw, thank you so much Steph [':<3