ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum
Liberal Arts - Printable Version

+- ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum (http://www.zefron.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Zac Efron (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Projects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Liberal Arts (/showthread.php?tid=109)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Liberal Arts - d. b. wilyumz - 01-07-2012 03:43 PM

(01-04-2012 05:14 PM)elle1234 Wrote:  Is there any chance we are going to see this one or is it going to be limited release like Me and Orson Welles?

That's going to depend on the behind-the-scenes action at the Sundance Festival and possibly other film festivals. The distributor reps will be there, and hopefully they will bid on the distribution rights. The bid could be for either limited or wide distribution. It all depends on how commercial the distributors think this movie is. That's why The Derby Stallion and M&OW didn't get theatrical distribution -- none of distribution companies thought they would draw a big audience (earn enough money to cover costs and produce a profit).

RE: Liberal Arts - mirandagirl - 01-07-2012 03:46 PM

I just want to be able to see the movie whether it be in theaters or on DVD.

RE: Liberal Arts - d. b. wilyumz - 01-11-2012 10:53 AM

Just 15 days until someone in the San Fracisco area can preview this movie:

Jan 26 - San Francisco, CA – Sundance Kabuki Cinemas http://www.sundancecinemas.com

Liberal Arts / U.S.A. (Director and screenwriter: Josh Radnor) — Bookish and newly single Jesse Fisher returns to his alma mater for his favorite professor’s retirement dinner. A chance meeting with Zibby – a precocious classical music-loving sophomore – awakens in him long-dormant feelings of possibility and connection. Cast: Josh Radnor, Elizabeth Olsen, Richard Jenkins, Allison Janney, John Magaro, Elizabeth Reaser.

RE: Liberal Arts - Fruitfly - 01-11-2012 01:56 PM

Sounds a bit like Theron's Young Adult, but in reverse. Smile

And what's up with all these recent bookish characters, lmao? Literary hermits are boring people, unless they happen to be characters in a Stephen King novel, and then their houses are possessed or their closets are filled with spooks. Big Grin

RE: Liberal Arts - Firefly - 01-11-2012 08:13 PM

oh i wish i lived in california Sad

RE: Liberal Arts - d. b. wilyumz - 01-13-2012 02:22 PM

Indiewire.com: Sundance Picks & More:
The Playlist's Most Anticipated Indie Films Of 2012

"Liberal Arts"

Synopsis: An uninspired, drifting thirtysomething goes back to his college to bid farewell to a famous professor, only to meet, and fall for, a precocious young sophomore.

What You Need To Know: As the star of hit sitcom "How I Met Your Mother," Josh Radnor was always going to have the shadow of Zach Braff and "Garden State" hanging over his directorial debut "happythankyoumoreplease." While that film had its share of issues, he's already beaten Braff by getting his second film under his belt only two years after the first. And Radnor's been smart enough to cast last year's Sundance breakout Elizabeth Olsen opposite himself (well, wouldn't you?) in what seems to be a more focused picture than his uneven debut, something that bodes well. Plus, alongside Olsen, he's assembled an intriguing supporting cast, including "Young Adult"'s Elizabeth Reaser, an indie debut from Zac Efron*, and, as professors, Allison Janney and Richard Jenkins, two actors scientifically proven to make any film they're in 20% better. Each. We're a little wary of this being an ego-trip, but it seems like it'll be worth seeing purely for the cast.

When? Sundance - 22nd & 23rd (Park City), 27th (Ogden), 28th (SLC).

* Wrong about that - Me & Orson Welles was Zac's "indie debut"

RE: Liberal Arts - mirandagirl - 01-13-2012 02:38 PM

Me and Orson Welles premiered at film festivals? I knew it opened in a few theaters, but I didn't know it premiered at film festivals. Of course, it probably did and I just don't remember.

Regardless, I'm glad people are excited to see Liberal Arts even if Zac has a relatively small part in it. If he does a good job, then that should get him some recognition.

RE: Liberal Arts - d. b. wilyumz - 01-14-2012 10:40 AM

(01-13-2012 02:38 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  Me and Orson Welles premiered at film festivals? I knew it opened in a few theaters, but I didn't know it premiered at film festivals. Of course, it probbly did and I just don't remember.

M&OW was shown at the Toronto Film Festival; Zac attended, I think it's the only major festival he's been to. It also played at the festival in Austin, Texas, the director's hometown. The release to selected theaters happened in Dec 2009, probably to make it eligible for awards that year in addition to the hope of earning some money.

RE: Liberal Arts - mirandagirl - 01-14-2012 12:51 PM

There does seem to be lots of buzz around Liberal Arts, so hopefully that's good.

RE: Liberal Arts - elle1234 - 01-15-2012 05:52 PM

Is this one going to be released where everyone can see it?